USANA Health Sciences Wins Three Utah Best of State Awards
- Company Wins for Best Employer, Dietary Supplements and Nutrition Beverage -
SALT LAKE CITY, May 04, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --USANA Health Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: USNA) announced today that it will be recognized on May 29 with three Utah Best of State Awards. USANA will be recognized for being the Best Employer and having the Best Dietary Supplements and Best Health/Nutrition Beverage in Utah.
"It is a privilege and an honor to be recognized once again by the Utah Best of State program," said USANA CEO Dave Wentz. "This continued recognition among Utah's best illustrates the consistency and well-roundedness of USANA. These awards for our supplements, energy drink and employment practices are a tribute to USANA's high-quality manufacturing and dedicated employees."
Why was USANA named the best of the best? Take a look:
Best Health/Nutrition Beverage - Rev3 Energy(TM)
* This is the second consecutive year Rev3 has earned Best of State recognition in the Best Health/Nutrition Beverage category, with the category only being two years old.
* What makes Rev3 different than the typical energy drink?
o Most energy drinks on the market provide little nutrition, contain too much sugar and cause a "crash and burn" effect.
o Rev3 is an advanced formula of antioxidants and other important nutrients packed in a delicious beverage that contains no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners or preservatives.
Best Employer - Private Sector
* USANA provides employees with a fully equipped in-house gym, full-time personal trainer, extensive annual health fair, free nutritional products and free fresh fruit daily.
* Even though the jobless rate in Utah is more than seven percent, USANA continues to grow and is currently hiring for a variety of positions.
* USANA has also been named to Outside magazine's annual "Best Places to Work in America" list for the past two years.
Best Dietary Supplements
* This is the sixth year USANA has won a Best of State award for its science-based nutritional products.
* Utah is home to more than 100 dietary supplement manufacturers, making this recognition even more significant.
* What makes USANA's supplements the best?
o USANA has set itself apart in a competitive dietary supplement market by voluntarily using the pharmaceutical Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) model for its quality assurance program, meaning USANA supplements are treated with the same care that goes into manufacturing pharmaceutical products.
o USANA also has received independent certification of many of its products through NSF International. NSF is an independent, not-for-profit organization that helps protect consumers by certifying products and writing standards for food, water, air and consumer goods.
o A variety of the company's supplements have been evaluated and approved by ConsumerLab.com. ConsumerLab.com helps consumers and healthcare professionals evaluate health and wellness products.
o USANA's nutritional supplements are trusted by an array of professional and Olympic athletes.
Learn more about USANA's products by visiting our website, reading our blog, finding us on Facebook, or following us on Twitter.
USANA Health Sciences develops and manufactures high-quality nutritionals, personal care, energy and weight management products that are sold directly to Preferred Customers and Associates throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Mexico, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
About The Best of State Awards
The Best of State Awards were created in 2003 to recognize outstanding individuals, organizations and businesses in Utah. Best of State candidates are evaluated by a panel of 100 judges based on three criteria: achievement in the field of endeavor; innovation or creativity in approaches, techniques, methods or processes; and contribution to improving the quality of life in Utah.
SOURCE: USANA Health Sciences, Inc.
USANA Health Sciences, Inc.
Vice President of Marketing & Public Relations