Winter can be fun. Who doesn’t enjoy building a snow fort in the backyard? However, winter is also a time when many dangers loom large. Whether from the cold temperatures, the shorter days with less sunlight, or even the large family get-togethers, your immune system is more susceptible in this season than any other.
Here are some helpful tips to make sure that you have the upper hand this year in the fight against winter.
- Wash your hands frequently during the day, not just before meals or after using the restroom. You never know when germs have made their way onto your hands and are ready to invade your system.
- Eat raw foods that are rich in antioxidants such as blueberries, apples, and pecans. You may not know it, but red, pinto, and kidney beans are also packed with immune-boosting antioxidants.
- Exercising and increasing physical activity helps your immune system stay in shape too. Regular exercise can increase your body’s ability to deal with stresses and builds up stronger immune defenses.
- Use a disinfectant spray in your workspace or areas where you or your guests may frequently visit.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water instead of coffee or soda. Sugar can weaken the ability of white blood cells to defend against bacteria for up to five hours after consumption.
- With the highest quality grape-seed extract and the antioxidant protection of vitamin C, Proflavanol® C100 (Item #110) offers a powerful support for a balanced immune function in a unique Hybrid tablet.
- Probiotics help sustain healthy immune function by promoting healthy bacterial growth in the gut. USANA® Probiotic (Item #108) is a blend of patented probiotic bacteria that is clinically proven to promote a natural balance of beneficial microflora in the gut.
- Our bodies use sunlight to make vitamin D, which is an important nutrient to maintain overall health. Taking USANA’s Vitamin D supplement (Item #109) ensures that, even in the darker days of winter, you still get the vitamin D your body needs.
- Sleep has many restorative functions, including boosting your body’s internal defense mechanisms. USANA’s Pure Rest™ melatonin supplement (Item #141) helps support the body’s natural sleep and wake cycles.