- by Pete and Dora Zdanis
Do you ever feel this way? Do you think that any of your upline or downline members feel this way?
What can you do about it and how can you prevent it from happening?
Let’s face it: People will do what people will (or won’t) do. Life is hectic. Priorities change. Some things are forgotten – no matter how important they may have been at one time.
You can’t change behavior, so don’t even try.
What you CAN do is clearly communicate upfront what you expect of your business partners and what you commit to do for them.
Set your ground rules at the outset to help ensure that there is never any misunderstanding of your commitment or expectations of your business partners.
Be firm and clear in your expectations. Be sincere and complete in communicating what you are willing to do to help your team members.
When conflicts arise, or excuses are being made, remind your team member of the agreement you had when you began working together.
They may or may not respond favorably, however, you can be assured that you clearly laid out how you would move forward together, and you did everything you could to help assure your team member’s business success.
Below is a generic draft document which is an example of how you might establish your mutual “Commitments and Responsibilities”..
If you and your team members use this, or something similar, throughout your organization, (that means no exceptions) you can expect to see not only reduced attrition, but also increased, accelerated growth.
Our Mutual Business Commitments and Responsibilities
Anyone who is committed to build a successful network marketing business can do so on a part-time or full-time basis, regardless of their education, background or geographic location. All that is required is that the distributor follow tried and proven business building techniques which have been developed by, and used by, thousands of successful distributors over the years.
We are committed to our network marketing business and to the personal success of ALL of our team members, whether or not they were personally sponsored by us.
To help insure your personal success, it is important that we have an understanding of, and agreement on, the support that we will be providing to you in building your business, as well as the responsibility and accountability that you are expected to accept as a member of our team:
Our Commitments to You
· We will be available whenever necessary to address any questions or concerns that you may have about your network marketing business. You may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at our home office – 610.555.1234, or Pete’s mobile phone – 610.555.4321. You are welcome and encouraged to contact us at any time. Every attempt will be made to respond to you as soon as possible.
· We will provide you and all of your team members with our complete online training package which supplements the information contained in the company training information. This information is updated from time to time, so you should check for updates periodically to make sure that you have the most current information.
· We will assist you in developing and enhancing your personal web hosting site, if you so desire.
· We will assist you in developing your detailed business plan, if you so desire. The plan can accommodate warm market, cold market, internet marketing, one-on-one presentations, group presentations, classified advertising, purchased leads lists, or any combination of the above. A step-by-step business plan will be critical to your success.
· We will conduct three-way calls with you and your qualified prospects to assist you in sponsoring your prospects. Please provide us with at least 24 hours’ notice in scheduling three-way calls so that we can be sure to be available for you.
· We will send “Tag E-Mails” to your qualified prospects on your behalf to assist you in your sponsoring efforts, provided that you send us your prospects’ complete name and valid e-mail address.
· We will make every effort to be available to you by phone for any training, coaching or counseling needed.
Your Expected Responsibilities
· You are expected to complete the company online training within one week of your enrollment, and provide us with a copy of your Business Plan, including your “Dreams”, “Letter to Self”, “Why”, “Contact List”, “Earnings Goals”, “Business Commitments” and “Challenges”. We will review this information with you during a scheduled phone call.
· You are expected to complete each item on our Business Building Checklist – Copy Attached - and send us an update on what items you have completed every Friday until each item has been completed.
· You are expected to review and be familiar with the company’s Policies and Procedures and insure that you conduct your business legally, ethically and correctly.
· You are expected to contact us as soon as possible if you have any questions or concerns about any aspect of your business.
· You are expected to ensure that your business is kept qualified for commissions either by participation in the company auto order program or by placing orders of sufficient Personal Sales Volume (PSV) amounts on a timely basis.
· You are expected to keep the company and us informed of your current contact information, such as phone numbers, e-mail addresses and mailing addresses.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of our commitments and your responsibilities.
However, we feel it is important that each of us has a basic understanding of how we will work together for our mutual success.
In summary, we will do everything and anything necessary within reason to help you build a successful business.
As your sponsor, we are responsible for providing you with the necessary support to help ensure your success.
However, you are ultimately responsible and accountable for your business and the effort you put into your business will determine your success.
Finally, no business relationship can be successful without effective, healthy communication. We will not pester you, or follow-up with you on every minor item – you must take responsibility for your own business details. However, if we do not hear from you, we can only assume that you do not need or want our support, and/or you have no interest in building a network marketing business.
Remember, we can’t help you if we don’t hear from you.
We look forward to working with you for many years to come!
© 2014 - Zdanis Total Performance Organization ® - www.ZdanisTPO.com - All Rights Reserved
This article may only be copied, shared, distributed or otherwise reproduced in its entirety, including this disclaimer and copyright authorization.