Two-Time #NBA All-Star Luol Deng Posts Up Health With USANA Health Sciences
SALT LAKE CITY, April 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- USANA Health Sciences is proud to announce its partnership with two-time NBA All-Star and forward for the Miami Heat, Luol Deng. Deng joins more than 700 Olympic and world-class athletes who trust their health to the nutritional company and is the first NBA athlete to join Team USANA.
Two-time NBA All-star Luol Deng of the Miami Heat signs on as USANA Health Sciences Brand Ambassador.
Drafted seventh in the first round of the 2004 NBA draft by the Phoenix Suns, the 6-foot-9 forward was immediately traded to the Chicago Bulls, where he spent the first nine years of his career. Deng was later traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers halfway through the 2013–14 season before signing with the Miami Heat as a free agent last July, where he's averaged 14.3 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2 assists per game.
"Being a veteran, it is very important for me to take care of my body. USANA is a well trusted company that will help me stay in peak shape and continue my success in the league," said the 29-year-old athlete.
- Selected as an eastern conference NBA All-Star during the 2011–12 and 2012–13 seasons.
- Selected to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team for the 2011–12 season.
- Represented Great Britain as captain of the National Team and torchbearer in the 2012 London Olympic Games.
- Ended career with the Chicago Bulls as 4th all-time leading scorer, behind Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Bob Love.
- Recipient of the 2006–2007 NBA Sportsmanship Award and NBA's Community Assist Award in April 2007.
- Recipient of the Professional Basketball Writers Association's J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award for outstanding service and dedication to the community in 2014.
"It's exciting to see the range of athletes that trust their health and careers to USANA's NSF-tested products continue to grow, and to welcome an accomplished NBA star like Deng to Team USANA," said Dan Macuga, USANA's chief communications officer. "We look forward to cheering him on as he prepares for the playoffs and collaborating with him in the offseason."
*Luol Deng is represented by French/West/Vaughan, which is his public relations, marketing and endorsement agency of record.
**The mentioned athletes are either distributors or dedicated users who have received compensation for their partnership and/or complementary USANA products.
Founded in 1992, USANA Health Sciences (NYSE: USNA) is a U.S.-based nutritional company that manufactures high-quality supplements, personal care and energy products in its FDA-registered facility in Salt Lake City. Learn more about USANA by visiting our website http://www.usana.com or the official USANA blog http://whatsupusana.com.
Media Contact: Ashley Collins
Executive Director of PR and Social Media