Friday, October 30, 2015

The Power of Focus - by M. J. Durkin


It’s so important to understand that what we focus on expands and grows.  It is equally important to comprehend that what we ignore diminishes.  Now why do I want to talk to you about this.  Occasionally, I get questions in my coaching program from people that say to me, “I’m considering possibly doing another Network-Marketing opportunity.  I’ve found something that doesn’t conflict with what I’m doing.  What do you think about that?”
I can tell you that 100% of the time I will say, “I don’t really think that’s a good idea.”  The Power of Focus indicates that what you focus on will grow and be successful.  Remember that Steve Jobs wasn’t successful because he was great with the technical aspect.  He was great because he focused on the most important thing.
I’m going to recommend that if you have a Network-Marketing business that you’re building, I suggest that you stick with that business.  Sometimes people will come to me and tell me that it hasn’t been working that well for them and that they’ve been doing it for quite some time.  I recommend that you do not diminish or divest your energy.  I recommend that you stay in there and you set some kind of a goal like, “I’m going to do this really strongly for the next six months.  I’m going to give it my best.  I’m going to put names on a list.  I’m going to give full presentations to people.  I’m going to get in front of as many people as I can with this opportunity.  I’m going to close them the way MJ Durkin would recommend.  I’m going to ask them to join my team.  I’m going to highly recommend that they join me.  I’m going to recommend that they become customers.  AND I’m going to give it my best for six months.”
What a lot of you do is you dabble and mess around with your opportunity.  If you would just give 180 days of really focused effort, then all of a sudden you’d see your volume grow.  You’d see that you’d hit the next promotion level and you’d start to make more money.  I never recommend that you try to do two or three opportunities at once.  One of the secrets to being successful in Network-Marketing is to find that product or company that you can really align with and you can set a path there to be successful.
You don’t want to dilute your energy, efforts or your focus.  Remember, what you focus on grows and expands.  Take the company that you have (that you attracted in the first place) and do your best that you can.  Run hard with it for six months or a year and then make a decision about possibly doing something else.  The Power of Focus will always help you to win out.  I’ll see you on the next blog.
M. J. Durkin



No comments:

Post a Comment