Saturday, June 16, 2012

USANA Sponsored Runner to Run 7 Marathons on 7 Continents in 7 Days

SALT LAKE CITY, June 14, 2012 -- USANA Health Sciences, Inc., a global nutritional supplements company, today announced that it will be sponsoring marathon runner, adventure mountain climber, and speaker Mike Allsop on his 777 Project. His adventure, which will be tracked via GPS, starts on July 14 in Falkland Islands (biogeographically, part of the Antarctic ecozone) and moves onto Santiago (South America), then Los Angeles (North America), London (Europe), Casablanca (Africa), Hong Kong (Asia), and ends in Auckland (Oceania) on July 22. Allsop hopes to be the first New Zealander to accomplish what only a handful of the world's athletes have.

"I began taking USANA products five months ago and have been quite astounded with the results," said Allsop. "I have always used some sort of multivitamin supplement on all my adventures and expeditions. When I changed to USANA, I couldn't believe the results. I felt so good and so different! I had more energy during my training and throughout the day. Without a shadow of a doubt USANA has enabled me to train hard and recover faster. USANA is my foundation--I trust their supplements."
Allsop hopes the 777 Project will inspire disadvantaged children to achieve all their hopes and dreams, and raise $10,000 for the children's charity KidsCan. Allsop regularly talks to schools as part of his philanthropic efforts and says he gets his motivation from his wife, Wendy, and their three children, Ethan, Maya, and Dylan.

"Mike embodies USANA's core values--we believe in true health, philanthropy and challenging ourselves and others to do amazing things," said Dan Macuga, USANA chief communications officer. "He is also a great role model and an inspiration to us all. USANA is proud to support Mike's health and nutrition every step of the way, and we are excited he will be joining us after his global challenge at our 20th anniversary International Convention in August."

No comments:

Post a Comment