by Jim Rohn
If you want to find success in life, here are 13 things to do right now:
1. Review your performance. Whether it's your communication skills, whether it's recent activity, whether it's as a CEO or whether it's on the job. Here's what my father said: “Always do more than you are paid for to make an investment in your future.”
2. Face your fears. That's how you conquer them. Don't dismiss them—face them.
3. Exercise your willpower to change direction. You don't have to keep doing what you've been doing the last six years if it's not yielding the benefits you want. Pick a new destination and go that way. Use your willpower to start the process. Clean up the errors. Invest it now in the next year. Watch it make the difference.
4. Admit your mistakes. Sometimes you have to admit them to others. One of the best phrases in the English language? “I'm sorry.”
5. Refine your goals. Set some higher goals. Go for something beyond what you thought you could do.
6. Believe in yourself. You've got to believe in the possibilities. There isn't a skill you can't learn; there isn't a discipline you can't try; there isn't a class you can't take; there isn't a book you can't read.
7. Ask for wisdom. This is communication of the highest source. Ask for wisdom that creates answers. Ask for the wisdom that creates faith to believe things are possible. Don't wish it was easier; wish you were better.
8. Invest your profits. Profits are better than wages. Wages make you a living; profits make you a fortune.
9. Live with intensity. You might as well turn it up a notch or two. Invest more of you in whatever you do. Be a little stronger; be a little wiser. Step up your vitality contribution. Put everything you've got into everything you do and then ask for more vitality, more strength and more vigor, more heart and more soul.
10. Find your place. If you just work on a job, find the best place you can serve well, and sure enough they'll ask you to occupy a better place. Keep doing your job well; do the very best you can. That's your best way out.
11. Demand integrity from yourself. Integrity is like loyalty. You can't demand it of someone else; you can only demand it of yourself. Be the best example of loyalty, and you'll get some loyal followers. Be the best example of integrity, and you'll have people around you who have integrity. Lead the way.
12. Welcome the disciplines. Disciplines build cities. A well-disciplined activity creates abundance, creates uniqueness, creates productivity.
13. Fight for what's right. If you want something valuable, you've got to fight for it. Fight the enemy and keep faith. Fight the illness and keep faith. Fight the evil and keep faith.