Here are 50 ways how you can be in the top 10% of all USANA Associates worldwide. Go over this list carefully and be honest with yourself. You will notice it comes down to attitude. How can you benefit from this list? If you catch yourself not doing any of these 50 things, adopt them, use them the next time around. There are no shortcuts to success in our business. These are proven principles and are available for anyone that wants to succeed in USANA. Do not short-circuit these principles, rather integrate them into your daily routine and use them over and over again. Your success will then be automatic.
1. Use the products regularly.
2. Make a total commitment to your business for at least two years.
3. Sell yourself first on the company, the products and the marketing plan.
4. Spend 90% of your business time with prospects, Associates and customers.
5. Present your products and marketing plan personally to at least one person daily.
6. Let everyone know what business you are in. Advertise.
7. Make understanding people more important than product knowledge.
8. Duplicate yourself by making Associates independent of you.
9. Motivate your group monthly by offering recognition and other rewards for specific achievements.
10. Praise your team members’ accomplishments.
11. Mingle with top Associates and ask how they made it.
12. Be persistent. Only one out of twenty people you approach may get serious about the business.
13. Lead by example. Never stop recruiting, training or retailing.
14. Keep it simple. Do things others can easily duplicate and copy.
15. Keep in touch. Communicate by newsletter, meetings, weekly calls, post cards, voicemail, whatever you find is best for you. Pass on pertinent information immediately.
16. Conduct simple, brief and dramatic presentations. Facts tell, stories sell. It's better to show people how to succeed by example.
17. Listen 80% of the time, talk 20%. Say less to more people.
18. Satisfy all complaints immediately.
19. Concentrate on what you can do for your Associates, Preferred Customers and Retail Customers, not on your own profit.
20. Ask for referrals from your best customers.
21. Give customers more than they expect, everyone loves a free gift.
22. Develop at least 100 retail and/or wholesale preferred customers.
23. Provide one-day service.
24. Believe in your product so much that you know every person you talk to is going to buy from you.
25. Tell your customers how much you appreciate their business.
26. Don't accept 'no' as a final answer. Approach each prospect at least 12 times a year with new information.
27. Send customers and preferred clients monthly promotional information. Don't forget your
customers and don't let your customers forget you. Personal contact makes the difference.
28. Speak enthusiastically about your business and products.
29. Work on top priority projects that produce the highest returns.
30. Build your list of contacts daily while building your reputation.
31. Approach former top producers of no longer existing network marketing companies. They are always open.
32. Fit the needs of your prospects with the benefits of your product and your business opportunity.
33. Organize your files so you can locate any piece of information within 30 seconds. Time is really money.
34. Use an answering service and return all calls within 24 hours. Get a dedicated business cell phone for best service.
35. Set daily, weekly, monthly and yearly goals and do whatever is necessary to achieve them.
36. Subscribe to network marketing magazines and newsletters, and read personal
37. Listen to webinars, podcasts, CDs and DVDs on network marketing tips from top producers.
38. Do not pass negative rumors downline. Check the facts yourself.
39. Expand your business worldwide. Think big!
40. Tell your prospects what they are interested in knowing, not what you think they should
41. Spend money on things that will make you more money.
42. Schedule important tasks at the time of day when you are at your best.
43. Delegate. Do those things only that you can do.
44. Read biographies of successful people to be inspired by their lives.
45. Present business opportunity meetings and trainings regularly.
46. Plow your profits back into building your business. You are responsible for the success of your business.
47. Know that if others can do it so can you! Challenge yourself.
48. Set up a reward for reaching your goal and a penalty for falling short – (Risk & Reward).
49. Have so much fun in your business that others want to join you.
50. Be always driven to 'Do It Now!'
© 2019 - Zdanis USANA Power Team ® - All Rights Reserved
This article may only be copied, shared, distributed or otherwise reproduced in
its entirety, including this disclaimer and copyright authorization.
Pete Zdanis, Independent USANA Associate and Inaugural Foundation Executive
Web Site: www.petezdanis.com – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The earnings portrayed in this literature are not necessarily representative of the
income, if any, that a USANA Associate can or will earn through his or her
participation in the USANA compensation plan. These figures should not be
considered as guarantees or projections of your actual earnings or profits. Any
representation of guarantee of earnings would be misleading. Success with USANA
results only from successful sales efforts, which require hard work, diligence, and
leadership. Your success will depend on how effectively you exercise these qualities.