Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Nobody listens to me" and other pathetic excuses.

"Nobody listens to me" and other pathetic excuses.
- by Tom "Big Al" Schreiter

 

I was in Brooklyn, NY for Father's Day. A man came to the training.

He was from Africa. He only spoke French.

And he was building his business in New York City.

Think about it. How hard would that be?

And yet a person who has lived in America all his life will say:

   "I can't build my business. Nobody listens to me."

And for the young man from Africa, consider this:

Nobody can listen to him. They don't understand him.

But, he is building while our American distributor is complaining.

So is it the circumstances that hold us back? Or is it how we choose to think about our circumstances?

The young man from Africa has chosen to build his business even if circumstances are less than ideal. Our American distributor is looking for someone to solve his problems. He refuses to even try unless someone else makes sure no problems will be in his way.

I see distributors with no cars, distributors building while a war is dividing their country and distributors who travel thousands of miles to learn the skills to make their dreams come true.

Bottom line?

It is easier to find someone with desire and teach them the skills, than to find someone with skills and teach them desire. 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment